We want your help
Because global ageing is such a broad term, we need to clearly define our scope. The description of the scope will help to delineate the way in which global ageing is conceptualized and our activities are prioritised. We have just launched a survey seeking opinion on the scope of Cochrane Global Ageing. Have your say comment now
We plan to commence the following initiatives and projects and welcome advice, support, funding and expertise to enable them.
- Launch of Cochrane Global Ageing: this took place on1st October 2016 to coincide with UN International Day of Older Persons
- International Advisory Board: will be developed to include leading advocates, experts, thought leaders and and critical friends to act as informed advisors on issues of importance to Cochrane Global Ageing as it develops and expands its international scope and efforts. Through the collective wisdom and commitment of its members, the International Advisory Board will provide advice and advocacy in helping Cochrane Global Ageing meet its mission and objectives.
- Website: we will be creating content on this website. For this to be dynamic and useful please let us know your thoughts and send us suggestions for content.
- Twitter: follow us and mention us @CochraneAgeing Tweet us with information or comments on what you are enaged with and please retweet our tweets. We will create Twitter lists, please send us suggestions for content.
- Referees we will seek 'expert' referees to provide input and feedback on protocols and reviews.
- Expert commentaries on new and updated Cochrane reviews on topics related to Global Ageing.
- Cochrane corners proving summaries of relevant Cochrane reviews in journals and newsletters.
- Developing methods for Cochrane Reviews on topics related to Global Ageing.
- Developing search strategies for topics related to Global Ageing.
- Identifying priorities for new Cochrane reviews on topics related to Global Ageing.
- Curating special collections in the Cochrane Library on topics related to Global Ageing.
- Social media hashtags: we will compile a list of terms related to global ageing for use on social media platforms.
- Wikipedia: we will compile a list of topics for Wikipedia pages and facilitate the generation of appropriate content for publishing on Wikipedia.
- Research groups and institutes: we will compile a list of links to research groups and institutes that focus on ageing research and issues.
- World Health Organisation's work on ageing: we will compile links to the latest activity including;
- 1000 Girls 1000, Futures programme we will work with the New York Academy of Sciences - Global STEM Alliance to increase the number of students in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) pipeline and create the next generation of STEM leaders and innovators by recruiting mentors and mentees into the 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures programme. We will focus on helping to inspire the next generation of scientists and healthcare professionals in topics related to Global Ageing and evidence synthesis and systematic reviewing.
- Funding programmes: we will compile and publish a list of links to funding programmes that focus on ageing research and issues.
- Conferences: we will compile and publish a list of links to forthcoming conferences that focus on ageing research and issues.
- Resources: we will provide links to resources of interest in ageing research and issues.
- Newsletter: we will produce and disseminate an electronic newsletter updating you on our progress please subscribe.
If you would like to suggest content please contact us GlobalAgeing@Cochrane.org
Cochrane Global Ageing is not responsible for the content of external websites
Last updated 20th Dec 2016